- Donate items our participants need such as gift cards, food cards, non-perishable food, diapers, cleaning products and other household goods.
- Ask your friends and family to make a donation in lieu of a gift for birthday, graduation, holiday, etc.
- Donate your old cell phone to A Safe Place, Inc.
- Ask your employer to match your donation to A Safe Place, Inc.
- Host a dinner party or coffee/dessert at your home to raise awareness about A Safe Place’s mission and ask your friends to make a donation.
- Sell an item on www.reusexchange.com and donate the proceeds to A Safe Place, Inc.
- Donate your professional services to our participants such as legal representation, medical services, tax preparation and filing, babysitting, transportation and housing.
- Have your business help underwrite an event.
Unfortunately, we are usually UNABLE to accept donations of furniture and clothing due to lack of storage space.
A Safe Place relies on the generosity of the community to help us provide free and confidential services for our program participants. While cash is always the most flexible form of donation because it allows us to direct your gift to whatever is needed most, there are lots of other ways you can help us to achieve our mission of working to eliminate domestic violence and sexual assault, and empowering every woman, man and child in the Nantucket community to live a life free from violence.
Each year A Safe Place sends an appeal letter to the Nantucket community and our supporters off-island. Except for fundraising events, the Annual Appeal is the largest source of individual support for operations, staffing and programs.
Donate anytime – for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or in honor or memory of someone special to you.
Please remember A Safe Place in your estate planning. Your financial advisor can help you determine what means are best for you (bequests or charitable lead and remainder trusts, insurance policies, or retirement plans and IRAs).
We are now able to accept gifts of stock. Please call the office (508-228-0561)for more information.
Nantucket License Plate
The Nantucket specialty license plate is now available for pre-order through this website and via paper application available at many locations around the island. When MassDOT receives 1,500 paid applications the plates will go into production. After the first 1,500 plates are delivered the specialty license plates will be made available in RMV location across Massachusetts.
Rock Out for A Safe Place
The event for the summer of 2013 was a rock concert featuring the All Star Jam Band consisting of musicians from well-known bands such as The Doobie Brothers, Fosterchild, James Brown Band, Steely Dan, the Wailers, and former members of the band Boston.
Thank you to all who came to ROCK OUT and we look forward to seeing you next summer!
Over the years, A Safe Place has held numerous styles of fundraising events. Most recently our summer fundraising has consisted of a series of “Summer Social” events with different locations, hosts and themes. The host(s) plan and fund the party and A Safe Place assists with marketing/promotion, volunteers, ticket sales and provides an event liaison to work with the host. Past themes included garden parties, fashion shows, Nantucket authors book signing, wine and chocolate tastings, and bridge parties.
Please contact us if you would like to host a Summer Social, either individually or with a group of friends.